[Cerowrt-devel] the 3 focus problems we have

David Lang david at lang.hm
Mon Mar 16 13:49:48 EDT 2015

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015, Dave Taht wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:34 AM, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 16 Mar 2015, Dave Taht wrote:
>>
>>  1) We need a new box that can do inbound shaping at up to 300mbit. So far
>>> that box has not appeared. We have not explored policing as an
>>> alternative.
>>>

>> If you are using a x86 processor, how much cpu does this take?
>

> diddly.

this isn't sold as an AP, it's a bit pricy, but not insanely expensive ($200-250
depending on options)

1GHz dual core AMD cpu, 4G  1066RAM 2 mini PCIe 3xGid-E

being that it's not a consumer AP, it's nto going to be as cheap, but it's also
not going to be phased out as quickly in favor of a new model.

using a mini PCIe wifi card makes it easier to switch to something with good
support.

does it look like it would do the job?

David Lang