[Cerowrt-devel] archer c7 v2, policing, hostapd, test openwrt build

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 21:10:26 EDT 2015

> On 23 Mar, 2015, at 02:24, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I swear I'd poked into this and fixed it in cerowrt 3.10, but I guess
> I'll have to go poking through the patch set. Something involving
> random number obtaining, as best as I recall.

If it’s reseeding an RNG using the current time, that’s fairly bad practice, especially if it’s for any sort of cryptographic purpose.  For general purposes, seed a good RNG once before first use, using /dev/urandom, then just keep pulling values from it as needed.  Or, if cryptographic quality is required, use an actual crypto library’s RNG.

 - Jonathan Morton