[Cerowrt-devel] archer c7 v2, policing, hostapd, test openwrt build

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 21:18:04 EDT 2015

I don't remember what I did. I remember sticking something in to
improve entropy, and ripping out a patch to hostapd that tried to
manufacture it.

right now I'm merely trying to stablize the new bits - dnssec for
dnsmasq 2.73rc1, babel-1.6 (not in this build) with procd and
ipv6_subtrees and atomic updates, get someone F/T on the minstrel
stuff, and get heads down on per station queuing by mid april. I was
not expecting to make chaos calmer with the last at all and am still
not, and next up is getting some profiling infrastructure in place
that actually works....

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 23 Mar, 2015, at 02:24, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I swear I'd poked into this and fixed it in cerowrt 3.10, but I guess
>> I'll have to go poking through the patch set. Something involving
>> random number obtaining, as best as I recall.
>
> If it’s reseeding an RNG using the current time, that’s fairly bad practice, especially if it’s for any sort of cryptographic purpose.  For general purposes, seed a good RNG once before first use, using /dev/urandom, then just keep pulling values from it as needed.  Or, if cryptographic quality is required, use an actual crypto library’s RNG.
>
>  - Jonathan Morton

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb