[Cerowrt-devel] archer c7 v2, policing, hostapd, test openwrt build

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 22:15:30 EDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 23 Mar, 2015, at 03:45, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>>
>> are we running into performance issues with fq_codel? I thought all the problems were with HTB or ingress shaping.
>
> Cake is, in part, a response to the HTB problem; it is a few percent more efficient so far than an equivalent HTB+fq_codel combination.  It will have a few other novel features, too.
>
> Bobbie is a response to the ingress-shaping problem.  A policer (with no queue) can be run without involving an IFB device, which we believe has a large overhead.

yep.

3rd option is to go make better hardware. Not getting very far on this
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/onetswitch/onetswitch-open-source-hardware-for-networking

going to have to try harder. Honestly had hoped that broadcom, qca,
cisco, or somebody making chips would have got it right by now.

>  - Jonathan Morton

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb