[Cerowrt-devel] archer c7 v2, policing, hostapd, test openwrt build

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 22:18:58 EDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 7:15 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 23 Mar, 2015, at 03:45, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>>>
>>> are we running into performance issues with fq_codel? I thought all the problems were with HTB or ingress shaping.
>>
>> Cake is, in part, a response to the HTB problem; it is a few percent more efficient so far than an equivalent HTB+fq_codel combination.  It will have a few other novel features, too.

And we have a much more efficient version of codel, which may help a
bit also. Still, really need to get back to profiling *the entire
path* on these itty bitty platforms. Look forward to getting the FIB
patches working on them, but that's a hairy lot of patches to
backport. Might be easier

wasn't really planning on making chaos calmer's freeze