[Cerowrt-devel] openwrt package overriding issues on iproute2

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue May 26 14:32:22 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant
<kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
> Hi Dave & Felix,
>
> Looks like someone else has noticed and fixed, I fell into this and other
> package pointing difficulties a couple of days ago when trying to produce
> some 'cake' install instructions for 'cake'.
>
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/476504/
>
> A couple of other tidy ups too:
>
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/476505/
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/476506/
>
> Applied all locally and things seem more sensible!

groovy.

the next piece of what I wanted here was something similar to the
ubuntu ppa mechanism for opkg.

We build iproute2 in the openwrt base repo, and iproute2 doing the
advanced and experimental cake stuff in the routing repo.

Builders (such as hopefully NOT me!) can select stuff using the -p
option on the feeds to make stuff into the default
firmware.

but users down stream have to be able to take the same package from a
different feed if they want to play with us.

Theoretically the version numbers are the same or differ. It is not
clear to me what happens in opkg.  I think my preferred solution is
that opkg pulls from the first version of the package listed in
/etc/opkg.conf, so that after flipping the order (from base to routing
(well, "cero" in our present case)) in that file, we can then pull
down the advanced stuff via opkg -f install tc, no muss, no fuss.

but that might need to reinstall it's own version of the libs, and
hopefully -f would do that?

If we were version number based, then we would occilate between
versions of openwrt packages when they
bump their version number up and we don't (or vice versa).

(I note that the iproute thing in ceropackages is lagging behind cake
a bit right now)

It sounds like you are in a position to fiddle with this?

> Kevin
>

> On 02/05/15 09:49, Dave Taht wrote:
>
> I had figured I could override the default iproute2 with the one in
> ceropackages with:
>
> ./scripts/feeds install -f -p cero iproute2
>
> But so far no luck. Tried removing and installing, no luck either. ?
>
> Aside from that I have kmod-sched-fq_pie and kmod-sched-cake building, at
> least, and everything
> else wrapped up for a test build of chaos calmer with all the new stuff.
>
> Will try harder in the morning, brute forcing if I have to.

Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67