[Cerowrt-devel] Problems testing sqm

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri Oct 23 15:08:43 EDT 2015

Hi David,

On Oct 23, 2015, at 19:57 , David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015, Aaron Wood wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a shiny new Linksys WRT1900ACS to test.
>>>
>>> I thought it might be nice to start with some comparisons of factory
>>> firmware vs OpenWRT with sqm enabled.
>>>

>> Here are my results with the same router (unless the WRT1900ACS is
>> different from the WRT1900AC):
>> http://burntchrome.blogspot.com/2015/06/sqmscripts-before-and-after-at-160mbps.html
>
> the ACS has more flash (and ram IIRC) and is 1.6GHz instead of 1.2GHz
>
> David Lang

	According to https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Marvell the wrt1900AC has an older marvell  MV78230 or armada XP SoC while both the wrt1200AC and the wrt1900ACS sport a newer 88F6820 or armada 385 SoC. I believe Mikael Abrahamsson tested the wrt1200AC to be quite competent as CPU based router and shaper, so I am puzzled with Richards results. Hopefully we will figure out the cause and fix/improve sqm…

Best Regards
	Sebastian