[Cerowrt-devel] Problems testing sqm

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 18:51:23 EDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/23/2015 02:41 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:
>
>> Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> wrote:
>>      > My test setup:
>>
>>      > Laptop<--1000BaseT-->DUT<--1000baseT-->Server
>>
>> So, given that the DUT is the only real constraint in the network, what
>> do you expect to see from this setup?
>>

> Setting ingress/egress to 10Mbit/s I expected to see the speed
>> measurements bounce around those limits with the ping times staying in the
>> low double digits of ms.  What I saw however, was the data rates going well
>> past 10Mbit limit and pings up to 2000 ms.
>>

> This is what I've seen in prior rrul testing using a the 50/10 cable link
> at our office and my 25(ish)/6 link at my apartment and a well connected
> server on the net.  That however was using QoS and not SQM.
>
> Its that a reasonable expectation?

It is, and it's what you should have seen, so I think that it wasn't
_actually_ running.  I don't remember if I had to reboot or not after
installing both sqm_scripts and luci_sqm_scripts on my WRT1900AC.

But the request earlier to run "tc" to show the qdiscs will tell you if
it's really setup right or not.

-Aaron