[Cerowrt-devel] Problems testing sqm (solved)

David Lang david at lang.hm
Mon Oct 26 14:31:32 EDT 2015

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015, Sebastian Moeller wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> On Oct 26, 2015, at 19:15 , David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Oct 2015, Dave Taht wrote:
>>
>>> in terms of testing wifi, the most useful series of tests to conduct
>>> at the moment - since we plan to fix per station queuing soon
>>
>> how soon is 'soon'? I'm going to be building my image for Scale in the next
>> few weeks, any chance of having this available to put in it?
>
> 	Oh, interesting, slightly related question, do you typically disable
> offloads for your scale deployed APs, or do you run with them enabled? (I am
> pondering whether to expose a n offload toggle in luci-ap-sqm, but that only
> makes sense if there are users willing to test the functionality more often
> than once off). (Then again you probably do not use the GUI in the first place
> in your deployment ;) or?)

I'm using WNDR3800's again this year (~120 of them). I don't believe that it
uses offloads in the first place.

The APs operate in bridged mode connecting to the local wired network. A
separate firewall/DHCP/etc server provides the Internet connectivity.

see
https://www.usenix.org/conference/lisa12/technical-sessions/presentation/lang_david_wireless
for details on what I did a few years ago. This year we are moving to a new,
larger location, but the same strategy is going to be used.

David Lang