[Cerowrt-devel] update on that nuc I was fighting with

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:40:53 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Erkki Lintunen <erkki.lintunen at iki.fi> wrote:
> * Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> [2016-04-13 17:11:44 -0700]:
>
>> Hoo, boy, did I have issues. I finally got around to trying to get it
>> up and running linux.
>>
>> For reference, this was the:
>>
>> - Jetway NU93-2930 NUC Form Factor Intel Celeron N2930 SoC Bay Trail 2
>> Well, it turns out there is a BIOS fix here, which I have not installed yet.
>
> Matthew Garrett's blog-post might give peace of mind.
> <https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/41713.html> and especially in it's
> comments are info about Intel chip microcode versions.

Sigh. Pain shared, reduced, Joy shared, increased.

Corollary:  With enough pain shared, fixes can be found.

This will not be the first time I stepped too far off the bleeding
edge, nor the last.

I am still in search of *something* that will let me install an ath10k
and follow along on the wonderful results michal is getting on
fq_codel for wifi on that chipset.

https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/codel/2016-April/002165.html

I was tempted  to swap out for the ivy bridge box and tear apart the
nuc that I use as my main desktop to do it, but with the heat thing
being a potential problem also, reluctant.

/me goes searching for another board

http://blog.cerowrt.org