[Cerowrt-devel] update on that nuc I was fighting with

Erkki Lintunen erkki.lintunen at iki.fi
Thu Apr 14 02:56:15 EDT 2016

* Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> [2016-04-13 17:11:44 -0700]:

> Hoo, boy, did I have issues. I finally got around to trying to get it
> up and running linux.
>
> For reference, this was the:
>
> - Jetway NU93-2930 NUC Form Factor Intel Celeron N2930 SoC Bay Trail 2
> Well, it turns out there is a BIOS fix here, which I have not installed yet.

Matthew Garrett's blog-post might give peace of mind.
<https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/41713.html> and especially in it's
comments are info about Intel chip microcode versions.

One might only get microcode through Jetway and Jetway (at least I have
doubts) might be a vendor not giving much concern toward other OSs. E.g.
the comments in Garrett's blog say Windows AHCI driver handles
power-states ok, so the issues with Linux may not be a priority to
Jetway unless in volume made known to it.

Nice info for me also as I was about to upgrade an old Pentium box
running 24x7 to a Bay Trail platform, but have to put it on hold and
watch on this as the comments also reference to Intel's caution about
theirs chips long term reliability if the power-states aren't right.

- Erkki