[Cerowrt-devel] routers you can throw off the back of a truck

Outback Dingo outbackdingo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 15:31:46 EST 2016

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 7:46 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.meshpoint.me/ design and purpose seems very cool.
>
> Given all the nifty new autoconfig stuff in homenet like hnetd and
> source specific babel - perhaps we are closer than ever before to
> actually being able to throw this kind off stuff off the back of a
> truck and have it "just work".
>
> If only we had bufferbloat-free lte uplink hardware (has any
> materialized, perhaps in a mini-pci-e form factor?)
>
> It does now seem semi-possible to hack on enodeBs nowadays:
>
> http://bellard.org/lte/
>
> Are any LTE providers supporting dhcp-pd or some equivalent for
> getting routable ipv6 subnets?
>
> --
> Dave Täht
> Let's go make home routers and wifi faster! With better software!

There have been "numerous" autoconfiguration setups deployed on OpenWRT by
a few different people, even myself
adding in 4G/LTE would be nice, though this has been possible for a while,
even ive used the BladeRF in a "BTS" environment
for testing of WhiteSpace wireless VOIP, and Disaster Scenerios, grab an
Alix APU load OpenWRT, plug a bladeRF into the USB
load OpenBTS on it and place it out in the wild.... Instant white space
telco