[Cerowrt-devel] [Make-wifi-fast] routers you can throw off the back of a truck

moeller0 moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri Jan 22 02:11:13 EST 2016

Hi Valent,

> On Jan 22, 2016, at 07:37 , Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 22 Jan, 2016, at 01:40, Valent Turkovic <valent at otvorenamreza.org> wrote:
>>
>> Jonathan do you know why cake doesn't compile for mips platform?
>> How do you test Cake? Do you use OpenWrt or some other platform?
>> Can anyone help to get Cake compiled on OpenWrt?
>
> The bug report is several months old.  Cake has been developed and cleaned up significantly since then.  It’s a shame the log didn’t include the lines immediately *preceding* “some warnings being treated as errors”.
>
> I myself test by compiling against a recent net-next kernel on x86 and ppc32, and an Ubuntu kernel (which is significantly older) on amd64.  I do have a mips router and some armv6/7 units as well, but I haven’t actively been using them for testing - it shouldn’t be any harder to get it running *just* because it’s mips, though.

	I believe Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant created a nice how-to for including cake into a recent openwrt firmware (see last section of  http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Cake ) which I believe works well. So well actually that I believe both Arokh’s ( https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=50914 ) as well Hnyman’s ( https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=28392 ) community builds now include cake (not sure whether they contain the most recent cake though) so it could be as si ole as just flashing one of their pre-compiled firmwares and get into testing almost immediately.

Best Tegards
	Sebastian