[Cerowrt-devel] not exactly the most positive outcome

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:23:52 EDT 2016

From: https://www.cirrent.com/emerging-wi-fi-trends/

"As Wi-Fi becomes a bigger part of our daily lives, expect that our
broadband ISPs will likely move to extend their demarcation
point(demarc for short). This demarc will quickly shift away from
where it resides today, on the cable modem or DSL router, to the air
interface on the Wi-Fi access points in our home. Carriers have
already been using Wi-Fi enabled cable modems and DSL routers for some
years now. However, with the advances I’ve mentioned, I expect to see
almost every broadband ISP offer an in-home Wi-Fi mesh solution as a
standard part of their broadband service over the next two to three
years.

The main motivation for the ISPs is to quickly get to a point where
they can offer their users a high quality, secure Wi-Fi network that
provides improved coverage throughout the whole home. These
carrier-controlled Wi-Fi mesh networks will allow us to still have our
private networks running alongside their networks and both will run on
the same equipment. The upshot is that we won’t have to buy our own
Wi-Fi mesh solutions and will be able to use those provided by our
ISPs, like the vast majority of us already do today."

http://blog.cerowrt.org