[Cerowrt-devel] not exactly the most positive outcome

dpreed at reed.com dpreed at reed.com
Tue Jul 26 17:31:56 EDT 2016

It's a terrible outcome.  However, there is literally no significant support for the alternative, either from a policy basis or from entrepreneurial folks. N-O-N-E.

I am biased towards the entrepreneurial side, but have been fighting this on the policy side as well in one form or another since 1994 (when we began trying to legalize UWB).

People just take for granted that having their communications controlled "end-to-end" by some third party (e.g. The Phone Company) is optimal for them.  After all, AT&T Bell Labs created the Internet and the WWW.