[Cerowrt-devel] beaglebone green wireless boards now available

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 19:54:44 EDT 2016

I just got two of 'em and getting usbnet up was a snap. I got 'em
because they have
dual 2.4ghz 802.11n antennas and I figured the wifi would be faster
than the getchip stuff.

(there is no adhoc support. another reason for looking at this board
is to look at the structure of the drivers for make-wifi-fast)

I have long liked the beaglebones as being a well built product, with
some special features like the onboard PRUs nothing else can match.
The cpu is getting a bit long in the tooth tho, and these wireless
ones (no ethernet!) are so new that cases don't exist for them yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Seeedstudio-BeagleBone-Green-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B01GKE8F10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466552623&sr=8-1&keywords=beaglebone+green+wireless

they boot up (pretty fast) with debian jesse, kernel 4.4.9-ti-r25, on
the onboard 4GB emmc flash chip.

I was unaware until this moment that debian jesse appears to be
shipping babeld 1.5.1.

The preinstalled OS has sufficient compiler and onboard flash space to
build a current babeld from git, and I'm happy to report IPV6_SUBTREES
is compiled in by default.

As for whether or not I'll end up going through the same hell I'm
going through elsewhere, too soon to tell.

http://blog.cerowrt.org