[Cerowrt-devel] [Babel-users] Cross-compiling to armhf [was: beaglebone green wireless boards...]

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:08:26 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> The preinstalled OS has sufficient compiler and onboard flash space to
>> build a current babeld from git, and I'm happy to report IPV6_SUBTREES
>> is compiled in by default.
>
> Dave,
>
> It's not the first time that I notice with wonder that you're compiling on
> the devel boards.  Are you aware that cross-compiling babeld to armhf is
> so easy it's not even funny?
>
>   sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf
>   make CC=arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc

Well, I have been pushing for those xcompilers 10 years ago, depending
on the distro you use, it is still not in Debian stable:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf

So if you use Ubuntu, it is there since 12.04LTS:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf

Otherwise, if you want to avoid the "compile on the target", you could
also run the following qemu+docker trick, even though docker should
not be a requirement, it should be doable with chroot:

docker run -it --rm -v
/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static:/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static philipz/rpi-raspbian
bash

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762