[Cerowrt-devel] hardware from hell

Laurent GUERBY laurent at guerby.net
Sat Mar 5 05:09:07 EST 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-03 at 18:16 -0800, Dave Täht wrote:
> I am A) still fiddling with alternate web site generators and B) just
> finished writing up (grousing) about all the hardware I just tried to
> make work.
>
> http://the-edge.taht.net/post/hardware_from_hell/
>
> I am about to tear apart the dual ethernet nuc we discussed here, again,
> swapping out everything in it to see if I can get it to work. I fear I
> fried it by trying to compile a kernel on it, or something....

Hi Dave,

The Shuttle DS57U is a very nice small machine with
two intel gigabit ethernet ports:

http://global.shuttle.com/news/productsSpec?productId=1900

Comes with Mini PCIe, USB2, USB3, SD reader, 2x serial, HDMI.

We've been using it on our network with debian, rock stable.

About $250, you have to purchase disk and RAM separately.

Sincerely,

Laurent
AS197422 http://tetaneutral.net