[Cerowrt-devel] odroid C1+ status

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 10:57:28 EST 2016

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 2:19 PM,  <dpreed at reed.com> wrote:
> I have a Banana Pi, but I can't imagine why it would be useful as a router.

The banana pi is being used as the test generator in the comcast
bufferbloat test program.

> Why would Comcast even bother?  A Raspberry Pi 3 would be better, and far more available. (though I think the slow Ethernet port and low end WiFi on the Raspberry Pi 3 would make it sort of marginal, it's certainly quite fine for a low-end OpenWRT machine if you want to live at 50 Mb/sec)

What I had tried to do several times over the past years is have a
little monitoring box I could put out along the edges of the yurtlab
network, doing mrtg, smokeping, traceroute, and acting as a
netperf/iperf server. I'd ultimately settled on the beaglebone blacks
for this, but never got to where they would stay up long enough to be
useful.