[Cerowrt-devel] [Make-wifi-fast] routers you can throw off the back of a truck

Valent Turkovic valent at otvorenamreza.org
Sun Mar 13 07:17:03 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 8:11 AM, moeller0 <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Valent,
>
> > On Jan 22, 2016, at 07:37 , Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> >> On 22 Jan, 2016, at 01:40, Valent Turkovic <valent at otvorenamreza.org>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Jonathan do you know why cake doesn't compile for mips platform?
> >> How do you test Cake? Do you use OpenWrt or some other platform?
> >> Can anyone help to get Cake compiled on OpenWrt?
> >
> > The bug report is several months old.  Cake has been developed and
> cleaned up significantly since then.  It’s a shame the log didn’t include
> the lines immediately *preceding* “some warnings being treated as errors”.
> >
> > I myself test by compiling against a recent net-next kernel on x86 and
> ppc32, and an Ubuntu kernel (which is significantly older) on amd64.  I do
> have a mips router and some armv6/7 units as well, but I haven’t actively
> been using them for testing - it shouldn’t be any harder to get it running
> *just* because it’s mips, though.
>
>         I believe Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant created a nice how-to for
> including cake into a recent openwrt firmware (see last section of
> http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Cake ) which I believe
> works well. So well actually that I believe both Arokh’s (
> https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=50914 ) as well Hnyman’s (
> https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=28392 ) community builds now
> include cake (not sure whether they contain the most recent cake though) so
> it could be as si ole as just flashing one of their pre-compiled firmwares
> and get into testing almost immediately.

Thanks Sebastian,
I have been doing battle on other fronts (hardware for MeshPoint) and now
finally got back to dealing with cake... I'll try instructions, they look
pretty straight forward.

What is the reason why cake in still not included by default in latest
trunk? It would make testing much easier for wider number of people...

Cheers,
Valent.