[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: [FCC] Participation on Software Controlled Radio sub-group

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 14:52:35 EST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Schultz <eschultz at prplfoundation.org>
Date: Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 11:09 AM
Subject: [FCC] Participation on Software Controlled Radio sub-group
To: fcc at lists.prplfoundation.org

All,

I wanted to let folks know that I've recently joined the Software
Controlled Radio sub-group of the FCC's Technical Advisory Council in
my role as prpl Community Manager. A press release about my
participation is at
https://prpl.works/2016/11/21/prpl-foundation-collaborating-with-fcc-working-group/.
The sub-group consists of members of industry and academia with FCC
staff observing. We've been tasked with providing background on and,
if possible, recommendations to the FCC on how to balance reducing
interference with protecting innovation and the flexible addition of
features. I'm coming into the the sub-group late in the process (the
report is supposed to be done this year) but in the first few weeks, I
think I've been able to add some important viewpoints from the open
source community.

While the final report will be public, I've been asked by the chair of
the committee to keep the draft report confidential. If anyone here is
willing to help and will keep the draft confidential, I'd welcome your
assistance.

Thanks,

Eric

--
Eric Schultz, Community Manager, prpl Foundation
http://www.prplfoundation.org
eschultz at prplfoundation.org
cell: 920-539-0404

http://blog.cerowrt.org