[Cerowrt-devel] gaming routers...

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:45:55 EST 2017

"but it has revealed that the WRT32X is designed to automatically detect
computers using the Killer-line of network adapters
<http://www.killernetworking.com/>, indicating it's probably a
gaming-focused PC from a company like Alienware, MSI, or Razer that
requires priority access to the home's internet. It does the same thing for
an Xbox as well, if console gaming is more your thing."

Or it's looking at the mac ids of the devices, and queuing them separately,
with higher priority, but throttled to a percentage of overall bandwidth.
Much like the Cisco recommendations for voip traffic using EF.

-Aaron