[Cerowrt-devel] solar wifi ap designs?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 10:02:47 EDT 2017

My use case used to be covering hundreds of km in the Nicaraguan
jungle. The prototype for that covers a mere 110 acres in the los
gatos hills, trying to get stuff deep into ravines and so on.

I have at least a dozen areas where a wifi repeater would be useful,
but I tend to meshy route things, so rather than repeaters, I have
routers.

the ubnt radios I presently use tolerate 6-24v, and eat less than 5w -
so some of the things I've been watching rathole here don't apply.
What I'd hoped for was an "all-in-one unit" much like the wifi camera
that kicked off the thread.

I'm NOT going to put a wndr3800 in a tree, and while offering usb
recharging might be a good thing to a campsite, not planning on it at
the moment.

So I'm back to building a custom enclosure for edison batteries, a
solar panel hopefully lacking in charge controller, and a nanostation
m5 or rocket m5 as the gear.