[Cerowrt-devel] solar wifi ap designs?

Christopher Robin pheoni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 19:59:25 EDT 2017

> <dpreed at reed.com> wrote:
>You are not going to put a good enough system for an AP up in a tree.
Maybe on an antenna mast structure with solid base and guy wires. Roofs and
ground are better choices.
>But I would wonder whether redesigning the AP itself to be
power-conserving would be the place to start. They are not designed to be
"low power" - they are designed to be inexpensive.

Along these lines, would using cellphone chips be viable?

I'm trying to imagine a use case where decade long, maintenance free, tree
mounting would be the preferred solution. The only thing I can think of is
a cheap active repeater in an area with infrequent users. Push as much
logic/processing back to a unit where power is cheap.

-CR