[Cerowrt-devel] edgerouter Xes and lede

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 16:34:31 EST 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Joel Wirāmu Pauling <joel at aenertia.net> wrote:
> I've just bought a couple of n3160 Braswell boards as was getting sick of
> poor performance out of the MIP's stuff I have.

I have been using the pcengines apu2 boards with good success prior to
now (with ubuntu). I plan to switch one to lede when I get a chance.

I don't recommend using them as a wifi AP, as you get better antennas
out of anything else. Internally I've mostly switched to well-located
ubnt uap-lites (running lede). They don't have any of the
make-wifi-fast fixes as yet, but ac can be dramatically better than n.
I also am mostly liking the tp-link AC2600 - a dual-core arm (on lede)
- again, no make-wifi-fast fixes, but....

I put the edgerouter x sfp in place today on my sonic fiber network.
I'm not sure where the bottlenecks are, but I never get more than
130Mbits down per host I test from (so I suspect they are doing some
interesting shaping there).

I also got some kernel errors when running cake with it with (sigh)
ethernet offloads enabled.

http://blog.cerowrt.org