[Cerowrt-devel] dnsmasq CVEs

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 12:38:10 EDT 2017

well, I still think the system is rotten to its (cpu) cores and much
better hardware support for security is needed to start from in order
to have better software. Multics pioneered a few things in that
department as I recall, but research mostly died in the 90s...

Blatant Plug: The mill cpu folk are giving a talk about how they do
secure interprocess communication tonight in san jose, ca. I'm going.
While I expect to be cheered up by the design (the underlying
architecture supports memory protections down to the byte, not page,
level, and may be largely immune to ROP) - I expect to be depressed by
how far away they still remain from building the darn thing.

https://millcomputing.com/event/inter-process-communication-talk-on-october-4-2017/