[Cerowrt-devel] dlte

David P. Reed dpreed at deepplum.com
Sun Dec 9 21:23:11 EST 2018

Conquer the spectrum licensing and device certification nexus. Or else your cell is will pwn yr physical world.

LTE over UNII band is not even as good as CSMA at sharing and cooperation, and without coordination at installation planning time, it doesn't work well.

802.11ax has the same fragility in Multi Unit Dwellings due to requiring a radio propagation plan and coordination so neighbors don't completely jam neighbors.

Don't obsess about throughput at the link layer, when the design assumes exclusive rights to transmit.

There are techniques for cooperative space-time-rate multiplexing that scale. LTE licensed or unlicensed or 802.11ax are not such techniques.

Small cells are a fantasy of the carriers that they can put their licensed gear on your property at points they choose. Technically it appears to work in an abstract fantasy prototype. In the real world, it can't scale unless you let the phone company invade your premises and control all your placement of furniture, doors, mirrors, etc.