[Cerowrt-devel] LCA 2018 talk available

Joel Wirāmu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Wed Feb 14 17:13:03 EST 2018

If  POF (Plastic Optical Fibre) like install methods can be scaled up
to Polymer/Glass runs (Sharpie knife slicing/jam into receptor). I
don't see this being the problem. Depending on the Sheathing fibre is
just as good as UTP cabling. Magnitudes cheaper too.

When I learnt of POF I was excited, until I learned how it's severely
limited in the bandwidth/frequency transmission department.

I guess if we could get some sort of Clamp-on USB-C style adaptor for
fibre would probably be the ideal. I don't really see why this
couldn't work with MPO style fibre.