[Cerowrt-devel] So how far behind is the embedded router world, still?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:13:04 EDT 2018

> On 26 Jul, 2018, at 11:53 am, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
>
> they seem to live in a world where you take a linux kernel that's announced as LTS (in the best of worlds), work on that for 1-2 years during which you release an SDK, which then the device manufacturers will take and start putting their solutions on, which takes another 1-2 years before it reaches customers.

This in itself sounds like a colossal waste of developer man-hours.  Which really just serves to underline how clueless CPE vendors are - about their core business, no less.

They obviously have a lot more resources than we do.  What could *we* do with that level of funding and organisation?  Take six months, and put out a router that *doesn't* suck for a change!

 - Jonathan Morton