[Cerowrt-devel] So how far behind is the embedded router world, still?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 16:15:50 EDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 9:48 AM dpreed at deepplum.com <dpreed at deepplum.com> wrote:

> How would one get Linux Foundation to raise money to sponsor a router software initiative?

We tried. Personally, having bled out mentally and financially more
than once, I am not up to trying again. They don't return our calls
anymore.

> I can see that all the current network product OEMs might mass up to kill it or make it fail. Kind of like coreboot vs. UEFI.
>
> But maybe Facebook or Amazon or Google - dedicated white-box fan companies - might do it. Or maybe there's a Chinese funding source.

Well, try to sort through
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesnycouncil/2018/07/26/why-you-should-start-looking-at-googles-flutter-and-fuchsia-now/#795943a6a309

As for china, sure, that would be great. Europe, sure. I think china
has a huge incentive to get into making better firmware in
collaboration with europe. As for america...

CEO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-669-226-2619