[Cerowrt-devel] hacking on babel 1.8.3

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:57:01 EDT 2018

I've been trying to deploy the latest openwrt to all ~40 routers I
have. (I did get a reprieve on having to close the lab, but I have to
update the whole campus as part of it).

Anyway after some struggle with a bridge, I ended up being able to
deploy openwrt to about half the campus so far. The two major blockers
are the ipv6 issue I mentioned here, and  the speed issues we've also
discussed (though I can just throw hardware at it on 3 of the

But I took a deep dive on some long standing issues in babel and
finally got around to doing something about it, establishing a bug
tracker, trying to make it faster, and do atomic routing updates and
so on.

In particular, it really looked to me as though a faster qsort would
speed up babel
by quite a bit but my first attempt at an inline version didn't work.
If anyone is bored and wants to debug an enormous macro, it's here:



Dave Täht
CEO, TekLibre, LLC
Tel: 1-669-226-2619

More information about the Cerowrt-devel mailing list