[Cerowrt-devel] meanwhile... .home, finally has a home.arpa.

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 11:09:19 EDT 2018

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 9:13 PM Ted Lemon <mellon at fugue.com> wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2018, at 11:51 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is one of those endless bikesheds I'd totally given up on. Thx ted!
>

> If you're feeling like an adventure, you might find the latest draft of the homenet naming architecture entertaining.
>
> https://github.com/ietf-homenet-wg/simple-naming/blob/master/draft-ietf-homenet-simple-naming.txt

Read it just now. this is an ietf notion of "simple", yes?

> I decided to keep going on it since the submission deadline was extended, so it's pretty close to feature complete except for the HNCP part.
>
> I'm curious: are you using HNCP on your networks?

Mikael is the sole survivor here, so far as I know.

2 years back, I gave up on deploying ipv6 any further than the lab.
Getting dynamic ipv6 reliably into my production network... I gave up.
I asked for a static allocation from comcast, haven't heard back yet.

As examples that persist, dhcpv6-pd renewals seem to be broken in
openwrt still, so I get a bunch of prefixes... and a few a days later
they vanish. I get static routes to nowhere, often, out of that. And:
with only a /60 available, I also run out of prefixes to allocate if
something reboots at the wrong time at the wrong place, and so on.

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740