[Cerowrt-devel] Looking for MORE SQM Router Recommendations !

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 00:23:06 EDT 2021

I'm using the Seeed Odyssey
https://www.seeedstudio.com/ODYSSEY-X86J4105864-p-4447.html

It will shape inbound using cake (piece of cake) at 1Gbps.  Dual Intel i210
controllers.  I'm running stable OpenWRT, although I needed to use ToT to
get a UEFI boot setup for it that would work with the internal eMMC.

But it has hilariously more storage and memory that I need for a border
router.  I _can_ completely utilize a single core with cake on inbound
traffic, so I'd like to sort out multiqueue (needs a newer kernel version
with a newer driver from Intel), but I haven't bothered, since it seems to
handle things well, and I rarely sustain 1Gbps downloads.

I use the most aggressive ACK filtering setting with cake due to the 30:1
asymmetry on the link.