[Cerowrt-devel] new beaglebone

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Thu Mar 9 11:18:22 EST 2023

Hi Aaron,

> On Mar 9, 2023, at 16:43, Aaron Wood via Cerowrt-devel <cerowrt-devel at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
>
> At least for the sub-1GHz 802.15.4, that’s for range that wifi can’t get, due to its lower signal loss over distance.
>
> But 10Mbut Ethernet’s weird (to me)

	They also have a Gpbs ethernet port:

Ethernet MAC	2-Port 10/100/1000

I thought al Gbps ethernet is backward compatible to 10 Mbps? At least the systems I looked at with ethtool clsim that much, e.g.:

Settings for eth2:
        Supported ports: [ TP MII FIBRE ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Full
        Supported pause frame use: Symmetric
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Supported FEC modes: Not reported
        Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Full
        Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised FEC modes: Not reported
        Link partner advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                             100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                             1000baseT/Full
        Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
        Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Link partner advertised FEC modes: Not reported
        Speed: 1000Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: Twisted Pair
        PHYAD: 1
        Transceiver: external
        Auto-negotiation: on
        MDI-X: Unknown
        Supports Wake-on: pg
        Wake-on: d
        Link detected: yes

And the 10Mb on the block diagram seems to be for 802.3 single-pair ethernet which is probably exotic enough by itelf