[Cerowrt-users] IPv6 router advertisements on custom interfaces

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 02:56:21 EST 2012

Radvd is going away in the BB ("barrier breaker" - openwrt head)
version of openwrt, fairly soon. It deserves to die...

There is going to be a merger of the DHCPv6/SLAAC and naming
functionalities in dnsmasq and the dynamicism of the new ipv6-support
package, which also includes a spanking new dhcpv6-pd client..

Also planned is to (once the 3.7 kernel lands) make npt66 the default
(for most users). So in a couple weeks, all the underlying ipv6
infrastructure in openwrt and cerowrt is going to change.

As to whether the 6in4 case is fully handled as of now in that system,
damned if I know. Same goes for 6to4... I put the ipv6-support package
into cerowrt 3.6.9-5, all forms of ipv6 are blocked at the lincs lab,
can't test it, right now.

As for how to fix it in cerowrt 3.3.8, it was always problematic as
hell, and I'm glad the work is being re-architected in BB by two of
the most competent people I know, and I've signed cerowrt (and thus,
y'all) up to test it when it comes out. It would be great to recruit
more help, because *this time* we're going to get it right, come hell
or high water.

I'm very pleased, in particular, with dnsmasq's naming support for
slaac. It "just works".