[Codel] [Cerowrt-devel] hardware hacking on fq_codel in FPGA form at 10GigE

John Crispin blogic at openwrt.org
Fri Dec 21 16:56:51 EST 2012

 > So the ATM driver would have to go out of its way to screw you overĀ¹.
John?

the lantiq atm/dsl drivers use a dma ring to push packets from the atm
layer to the dsl modem core. this ring needs to be 2 packets big as a
minimum to have the hardware work. however, using software we can make
sure that only 1 packet at a tim eis inside the ring. this is what my
current dirty hack does.

 > Btw, I'm looking at ways to *make* BQL on the PPP netdev work
properly, tracking packets all the way to the wire even when it's PPPoA,
PPPoE(oA), L2TP or whatever.

yay :)