[Codel] hardware multiqueue in fq_codel?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 13:00:19 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 18:36 +0200, Sebastian Moeller wrote:
>

>>       Question, what stops the same attacker to also fudge the TOS bits (say to land in priority band 0)? Just asking...
>
> This kind of thing is filtered before those packets arrive to the tx
> queue where pfifo_fast is plugged ;)

Agree.

> TOS is properly checked/rewritten when alien packets enter your network.

Agree.

> People caring with this do their own classification using iptables or tc
> filter rules.

Linux wifi automagically tosses stuff currently based on CSX diffserv
values into what it thinks is the appropriate mq driven hardware queue.
I've already shown how damaging it is to use 802.11e and the hardware
VI and VO queues from a wifi client elsewhere, so regard this as a separate
(and harder) problem from finding a pfifo_fast replacement.

(and kernel build mechanism for making it a default)