[Codel] hardware multiqueue in fq_codel?

Jesper Dangaard Brouer jbrouer at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 09:40:09 EDT 2013

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 09:54:17 -0700
Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 18:36 +0200, Sebastian Moeller wrote:
>

> > 	Question, what stops the same attacker to also fudge the
> > TOS bits (say to land in priority band 0)? Just asking...
>
> This kind of thing is filtered before those packets arrive to the tx
> queue where pfifo_fast is plugged ;)
>
> TOS is properly checked/rewritten when alien packets enter your
> network.
>
> People caring with this do their own classification using iptables or
> tc filter rules.

Then they should also be smart enough to change their default fq_codel
qdisc, to be a prio band based qdisc... shouldn't they ;-)

Something as "easy" like:

ETH=eth66
NQUEUES=16  # or more, check how many tx queues your NIC supports
tc qdisc del dev $ETH root 2>/dev/null
tc qdisc add dev $ETH root handle 100: mq
for i in `seq 1 $NQUEUES`; do
  tc qdisc add dev $ETH parent 100:$i handle $i: prio bands 3
     tc qdisc add dev $ETH parent $i:1 pfifo limit 10
     tc qdisc add dev $ETH parent $i:2 fq_codel
     tc qdisc add dev $ETH parent $i:3 fq_codel
done

(p.s. sorry, I'm in a troll mood today ;-))
--
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer