[Codel] CoDel on ns2.35 simulator

safa khan safakhan413 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 14:42:39 EDT 2013

Dear Joey

I have followed the instructions to build ns2. Let me give you a stepwise
description of what I have done.

I have downloaded and installed ns2 from the following source
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsnam/files/allinone/ns-allinone-2.35/ns-allinone-2.35.tar.gz/download

After that I downloaded the whole master repository as a zip and unzipped it
 https://github.com/dtaht/ns2

Now could you please give me a stepwise description as to how I should
proceed from here. I have been trying to run the codel.tcl directly by
ns codel.tcl
after going to ns2-master directory without success. I keep getting the
error:

ftps 1 webrate 0 cbrs 0 bw 3000000.0 filesize 10000000 reverse 0
accessdly 20 bneckdly 10 realrtt 100 bneckbw 3000000.0
invalid command name "Queue/CoDel"
    while executing
"Queue/CoDel set target_ $target"
    (file "codel.tcl" line 143)

How am I supposed to build ns2.35 with the CoDel. And where do the codel.h
and codel.cc files come in? I would really appreciate a more detailed
response.

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Joey Padden <J.Padden at cablelabs.com> wrote:

>  Safa,
>
>  In the CoDel.tcl from Dave's git repo, the line your code is choking on
> is 210 not 143, did you modify CoDel.tcl?
>
>  Also, did you rebuild ns after downloading the CoDel updates? It sounds
> like ns doesn't know about the queue type CoDel but it is in the
> makefile.in so it should if you did
>
>  cd /ns2/
> ./configure; make;
>
>  after downloading and unpacking the zip.
>
>  -Joey
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 31, 2013, at 5:17 AM, "safa khan" <safakhan413 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>    Dear Members
>
>  First of all thank you for the amazing idea that CoDel is :)
>
> I have downloaded CoDel from https://github.com/dtaht/ns2
>  In fact I downloaded everything as a zip so that if CoDel needs some
> other files in the directory I wouldn't miss them out.
>
>  However, I have been trying to run ns codel.tcl on the my shell. My linux
> kernel version is 3.6. It gives the following error
>
> ftps 1 webrate 0 cbrs 0 bw 3000000.0 filesize 10000000 reverse 0
> accessdly 20 bneckdly 10 realrtt 100 bneckbw 3000000.0
> invalid command name "Queue/CoDel"
>     while executing
> "Queue/CoDel set target_ $target"
>     (file "codel.tcl" line 143)
>
>  A little help will be highly appreciated.
>
> --
> Regards
> Safa Nasir

Regards