[Codel] missing part of section 6.2 of draft-nichols-tsvwg-codel-02, (Kathleen Nichols)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:23:03 EDT 2014

On Mar 12, 2014 1:11 PM, "David Collier-Brown" <davec-b at rogers.com> wrote:

> [Off-topic]
> Someone with classic-typesetting-tools experience might wish to
> volunteer a pandoc-based process. See, for example,
> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/589196/0e8f212d7a59f556/

The fq codel rfc was written in pandoc, and converted via pandoc2rfc. The
raw texts are managed in git and in github.

It took me a year of fiddling to get to acceptable output from this.

The amount of effort required was comparable to getting a paper formatted
for the IEEE with TeX, with far less pleasing results than TeX.

Certainly you have to be committed if you want to write an rfc. The present
process is a major barrier to entry.