[Codel] [RFCv2 0/3] mac80211: implement fq codel

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Wed Mar 16 06:26:11 EDT 2016

On 16 March 2016 at 11:17, Michal Kazior <michal.kazior at tieto.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Most notable changes:
[...]
>  * ath10k proof-of-concept that uses the new tx
>    scheduling (will post results in separate
>    email)

I'm attaching a bunch of tests I've done using flent. They are all
"burst" tests with burst-ports=1 and burst-length=2. The testing
topology is:

                   AP ----> STA
                   AP )) (( STA
 [veth]--[br]--[wlan] )) (( [wlan]

You can notice that in some tests plot data gets cut-off. There are 2
problems I've identified:
 - excess drops (not a problem with the patchset and can be seen when
there's no codel-in-mac or scheduling isn't used)
 - UDP_RR hangs (apparently QCA99X0 I have hangs for a few hundred ms
sometimes at times and doesn't Rx frames causing UDP_RR to stop
mid-way; confirmed with logs and sniffer; I haven't figured out *why*
exactly, could be some hw/fw quirk)

Let me know if you have questions or comments regarding my testing/results.

MichaƂ