[Ecn-sane] is FQ actually widely deployed?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 02:06:07 EDT 2019

May I introduce you to https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-tsvwg-cheap-nasty-queueing-00 ?  I'm also in the process of expanding the LFQ draft.  I think they show that HW acceleration *shouldn't* mean just dumb FIFOs.

> IMHO these are crutches and at least up to 1Gbps links reasonable priced x86/x64 hardware can do routing with all bells and whistles

I'd actually be rather interested to see what a Raspberry Pi 4 with a GigE USB3 dongle tacked on can cope with, now that it has native GigE through a direct PHY connection instead of via a USB2 bottleneck.  That would be in the rough price range of a basic wifi router, and I've already got a Pi 2B running as an SCE endpoint.

Any idea which shops I should look in while I'm in Montreal?

 - Jonathan Morton