[Ecn-sane] [Bloat] [iccrg] Fwd: [tcpPrague] Implementation and experimentation of TCP Prague/L4S hackaton at IETF104

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 00:51:11 EDT 2019

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 9:04 PM Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 15 Mar, 2019, at 7:01 pm, David P. Reed <dpreed at deepplum.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Next up for sce was going to be to find if dctcp could be modified to
> > > use it. Also, bittorrent.
> >
> > YES! I endorse this message.
>
> Actually, today I was still figuring out how to fit it to CUBIC.  I *think* I've succeeded…
>
> https://github.com/dtaht/bufferbloat-rfcs/blob/master/sce/ELR%20Proposal%203%20(TCP).txt
>
> I recall DCTCP as being singularly built around a distinct setpoint from what either Classic ECN or SCE expects.  So I think I might look at LEDBAT first.

LEDBAT as defined by the ietf is a waste of time, as is it did not deploy.

In terms of dealing with bittorrent, I recommend you look over the UDP
implementation in libutp, and in particular the embedded
implementation in "transmission", which is easier to play with first.
Along the way, getting setsockopt to set the diffserv bits right
finally for libutp would be nice.

>  - Jonathan Morton

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com