[Ecn-sane] can we setup a "how to get this into existing networks" get-together in Prague coming week?

Holland, Jake jholland at akamai.com
Sat Mar 23 02:00:38 EDT 2019

On 2019-03-21, 11:32, "Mikael Abrahamsson" <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
    I'll be at the IETF meeting monday-friday coming week, can we set up a
    meeting with some interested parties and actually have a "how do we get
    this into networks" kind of meeting. It would not be "my mechanism is
    better than yours" meeting, I'm not interested in that in this context.

    I'm interested in "what can we do to improve the situation in the next 1-2
    years including installed base".

This seems like a useful idea to me.

I guess based on Apple's observations[1], we know there's at least
one network in France and at least one in the Argentina that has
rolled this out at some scale.

Does anyone know which networks these are and maybe have contacts
there?  Maybe someone could find out what they did and write up a
case study?

I agree even getting some regular basic CE-marking stuff deployed
would probably be really cool if it can be done sanely.

-Jake

[1] page 12:
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/slides/slides-98-maprg-tcp-ecn-experience-with-enabling-ecn-on-the-internet-padma-bhooma-00.pdf