[Ecn-sane] draft tsvwg slides #1

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 08:27:13 EDT 2019

> On Mar 25, 2019, at 3:34 AM, ecn-sane-request at lists.bufferbloat.net wrote:
>
> Working on getting better plotable data
>
> What do y'all think? https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/ecn-sane/attachments/20190325/2cbfe1a1/attachment.odp <https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/ecn-sane/attachments/20190325/2cbfe1a1/attachment.odp>
Here are a couple comments on the progression of the slides:

1: Intro - good
2: Blank - placeholder - you'll fix this
3: The Problem - good. Maybe say that *loss* only provides binary signal per RTT -> Oscillation -> Bang-bang control theory

Then... swap slides 4 & 5

4: Two Congestion Signals - major bullet points
	- Congestion should be an earlier signal than loss
	- Swap CE & SCE, noting CE gives coarse info
	- We propose SCE, to give high fidelity information

5: Rename heading - s/The Solution/The Implementation/

6: State Diagram - good
7: Experimental Plan - good

8: Plot - You need to have an explanation of the graph on the final slide. It's a bit hard to read the axes, but way more important is a clear description of what the heck we're looking at. It won't be as detailed as [Explaining RRUL Charts](https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/RRUL_Chart_Explanation/) but someone reading (only) the slides should be able to understand what the plot shows.

9: Some kind of summary

Good luck!

Rich