[Ecn-sane] Fwd: my backlogged comments on the ECT(1) interim call

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 05:49:05 EDT 2020

> On 29 Apr, 2020, at 12:31 pm, Bob Briscoe <ietf at bobbriscoe.net> wrote:
>
>> Can the L4S and SCE folk run the rrul test some day soon? Please?
>
> [BB] Does this measure the delay of every packet, so we can measure delay percentiles?

As shown in our test results, Flent (which implements the RRUL test) is indeed now capable of tracking the latency experienced by individual TCP flows.  It does not do so at the packet level, but at the socket level.

Of course it is also possible to capture the traffic and analyse the traces offline, if you really do want packet-level detail.

 - Jonathan Morton