[Ecn-sane] rtt-fairness question

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 13:16:59 EDT 2022

Actually, in looking back at what I wrote, I was

A) comparing a recent rtt-fairness result I'd got without ECN with
multiple flows at 20ms to 260ms RTT that I was insanely pleased with.

B) while trying to understand and asking about what sort of
RTT-fairness results were being achieved with early ECN marking in the
dctcp world. which until recently was mostly shooting for fairness in
the sub-us to 2ms range.  I was laboriously starting over from
scratch, reading the original papers, tracking the breadcrumbs from
2009 until today, so I'd stumbled on some thoughts in the next paper
after the dctcp paper that I was too lazy to try and correlate to
present day "prague" and BBRv2 thinking.