[LibreQoS] Quantifying the quality attenuation of WiFi

Bjørn Ivar Teigen bjorn at domos.no
Mon Nov 28 13:59:11 EST 2022

Hi everyone, and thank you very much for the introduction Dave!

I've been low-key following the Libreqos stuff for a while now, and I'm
very impressed by what you are doing.

At Domos we're focusing on convincing ISPs (EU and US mostly) that
consistent low-latency is the metric they should be focusing on (and that
latency performance is, in fact, generally very bad). That starts with
measurements, and our solution is based around doing
latency measurements from home gateways.

The document Dave is referring to is public here:
 https://www.broadband-forum.org/download/TR-452.1.pdf
<https://www.broadband-forum.org/download/TR-452.1.pdf>
It describes a standard way of measuring latency+loss (Which is what
quality attenuation is; A combination of latency and loss in a single
concept).

I've signed up for this mailing list now so please shout if you need me :)

Cheers,

--
Bjørn Ivar Teigen
Head of Research