[LibreQoS] Fwd: Quantifying the quality attenuation of WiFi

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 13:00:19 EST 2022

All:

Intro to bjorn, head of research for domos.no in the eu. Attached is a
recent paper of his looking over how wifi works using their analytical
methods.

For the record, the math behind ∆Q makes my head hurt. It has always
made my head hurt. I understand packet loss, FQing and delay, and have
been seeking a good analytical method, in paritcular, for
videconferencing quality, for quite a while. I was happy to see all
the netflix metrics go by the other day...

Also bjorn had sent me a really big document about some broadband
forum work his group is doing, and I don't remember if that was public
or private, he'd asked me to review it
at least, and I spaced on it halfway through, and perhaps it is
published now and he can point us in the right direction. (sorry
bjorn! Terrrrrribly busy here of late)

Domos is positioning itself as a "latency manager" - seemingly
primarily in the eu 5G and Docsis markets, with APIs to "control
stuff" at the kind of layer libreqos works at.  We here
are mostly positioned in the WISP and fiber markets, as well as
perhaps other forms of managed networks... tho it would be nice if 5G
in particular was paying more attention!

... and we all are trying to work together to reduce latency on the
internet, and perhaps there will be synergy someday here.

Anyway, an intro to domos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO-8Q1N9TKU