[LibreQoS] billing integrations

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:40:56 EDT 2022

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 6:36 PM Robert Chacón
<robert.chacon at jackrabbitwireless.com> wrote:

> Agree with Dan on the prominent platforms being UISP, VISP, Splynx, Powercode, Sonar V1, and Sonar V2.
>
> Poll added here to gauge the community on which CRMs/NMSs are most desired.
> https://github.com/rchac/LibreQoS/discussions/133
>
> Integration complete:
>
> UISP v1.2+
>
> Mostly Done:
>
> Splinx v1.3-alpha+ (work needed to confirm it works - volunteers welcome).
>
> Work in Progress:
>
> VISP
>
> GraphQL is an awful API but I'm trying my best with it.
>
> Not started yet:
>
> Powercode
> Sonar V1
> Sonar V2

I see the poll there, and a sudden shift back to github (which I'm
cool with), and who knows what the future holds for email 'round here.

I did want to discuss that what was on my mind was a piece of feature
set outside what I think most are thinking so far.

At the tippy top of my list was multiple language support. For most of
western europe, english suffices, allthough the brits can get a bit
stuffy sometimes about american rather than "proper" english. :)
However elsewhere in the world, where I think libreqos might become
popular, it's a grabbag.

So of these integrations above, which, if any, support Polish,
Portuguese, Spanish, Croatian, or Russian? I am not sure what
languages are common
in Africa, although I think there's a strong french influence in kenya?

The related problem in billing is currencies. Being able to not only
bill in the native (or more than one) currency is very important
elsewhere. Also payment schemes are fungible, a very common scheme for
cellular is the gift card, and in Nicaragua, at least, the post is
very unreliable and credit cards scarce, so banks and grocers take
payments of various kinds.

I did a LOT of i18n work in the 90s and am intimately familiar with
the "iconv" _(string) facility we used to cope internationalizing C.
I'm scared to look
for what exists for pythoin and rust? or for that matter, web pages?
It was extremely easy, once you started using iconv, to sit down with
a multi-lingual speaker and get a decent translate done, without
knowing anything about the code. I did the ardour.org translation with
my spanish speaking gf over a couple weeks (it was GREAT FUN! for both
of us)